Property Tax Associate
Advantax, Inc is seeking property tax associate for the 2023 tax compliance season. Come join one of the fastest growing property tax firms in the country.
We are a leading national property tax service provider. We offer personal property and real estate tax compliance services as well as consulting services. Our clients include large (Fortune 500) and mid-size organizations that span across a variety of different industries.
We are looking for candidates that are open to start as early as September 2022. Our office is in Elgin, IL. This is not a remote position; any applicant should be able to commute to our office location. Applicants must have a business-related degree.
TAX ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
As a tax associate you will focus on learning the personal property tax compliance cycle. This involves:
- Handling and processing of vast amounts of asset data
- Preparing and filing personal property tax returns
- Organizing documentation needed to process returns
- Communicating with local state jurisdictions throughout the country.
- Comparing county assigned appraised values vs our proposed tax values for consulting opportunities
Depending on your capacity and demonstrated interest you will ultimately be responsible for filing property tax returns and assisting with property tax payments.
Successful candidates should:
- Be able to work as a team as well work independently
- Possess strong listening and communication skills
- Be able to perform tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and organization
- Be able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Successful candidates will:
- Extensively analyze and process large amounts of data in Excel and the property tax system
- Communicate with jurisdictions around the country to resolve discrepancies
- Assist the team in completing filing deadlines
- Research and interrupt tax laws to ensure all returns comply with state and local regulations
- Assist the data analyst team in finding and entering tax bills.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records
Benefits (eligibility dependent on working an average of 30 hours per week)
- Health insurance (offer medical, dental, vision, and life)
- 401K Program
- Profit sharing bonus
- Gym reimbursement program
- Opportunity to work hybrid after successful completion of first busy season
- 12 paid holidays per calendar year
To learn more about Advantax and our services please visit www.Advantax.com.
Interested applicants should email resumes to email@example.com. If you have any additional questions, please contact John at 630-444-2720.