Property Tax Intern
Advantax, Inc is seeking property tax interns for the 2023 tax compliance season. Come join one of the fastest growing property tax firms in the country.
We are a leading national property tax service provider. We offer personal property and real estate tax compliance services as well as consulting services. Our clients include large (Fortune 500) and mid-size organizations that span across a variety of different industries.
INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Advantax, is offering a paid internship for the fall and winter compliance seasons. We are looking for candidates that are open to start as early as September 2022. Candidates that exceed expectations will be asked to join our compliance season from January to May (2023). Our office is in Elgin, IL. This is not a remote position; any applicant should be able to commute to our office location.
As an intern you will focus on learning the personal property tax compliance cycle. This involves:
- Handling and processing of vast amounts of asset data
- Putting together property tax returns
- Organizing documentation needed to process returns
- Communicating with local state jurisdictions throughout the country.
- Comparing county assigned appraised values vs our proposed tax values for consulting opportunities
Depending on your capacity and demonstrated interest you will ultimately be responsible for filing property tax returns and assisting with property tax payments.
It is important for us to connect with candidates with a strong interest in tax. We use the internship period to learn and seek out potential new hires.
Successful candidates should:
- Be willing and able to work in a team environment
- Be fast learners
- Be able to perform tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and organization
- Be able to multi-task
- Have strong Excel skills
- Be able to work a minimum of 16 hours
- Be working towards a bachelor’s degree with a major in business related field
- Have an upper class status at a university
Successful candidates will:
- Extensively analyze and process large amounts of data in Excel and the property tax system
- Communicate with jurisdictions around the country to resolve discrepancies
- Assist the team in completing filing deadlines
- Assist the data analyst team in finding and entering tax bills.
- Opportunity to earn a full-time position
- Learn organizational, communication, and teamwork skills
- Work closely with experienced personnel and management
- Obtain a fundamental understanding of the property tax cycle
To learn more about Advantax and our services please visit www.Advantax.com.
Interested applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any additional questions, please contact John at 630-444-2720.