Property Tax Intern
Advantax Group, LLC is seeking property tax interns for this spring season. This is a paid internship. It will begin in January and last until the middle of May. The candidate will also be expected to work full-time during Spring Break. We are looking for candidates who can work between 20-40 hours a week. The company is located in St. Charles, IL off of Rte. 64 and Rte. 31. See complete job description below.
Intern Job Description:
Advantax provides real estate and personal property tax consulting and compliance services. The intern will focus on personal property tax compliance services. This involves the handling and processing of vast amounts of asset data, processing property tax returns, documentation, and communications with jurisdictions from across the country. The intern will ultimately be responsible for processing property tax returns for clients which can include Fortune 500 companies. Our desired candidate will be able to work in a team environment, be very organized, and proficient with MS Excel. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced personnel and management since it is a small firm. Prior interns were hired by the company or have received jobs with public accounting firms. It is a great opportunity for those interested in trying a tax career or students looking to receive internship experience to differentiate their resume.
1) Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
2) Ability to work twenty or more hours a week
3) Detail-oriented and organized
4) Very strong in Excel.
1) Working in a team environment.
2) Obtaining a fundamental understanding of property tax.
3) Learning and using property tax software.
4) Extensively analyze and process large amounts of data in Excel and the property tax system.
5) Communicate with jurisdictions around the country to resolve discrepancies.
6) File property tax returns to jurisdictions around the country.
7) Learn organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
8) Learn and follow best practices and processes designed by the compliance team for SAS70.
9) Enjoy a casual work environment (jeans and polos).
10) Have fun while working and learning.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or contact us at 630-587-9700.