Advantax is one of the leading property tax firms in the country. As we enter our 25th year we continue to experience double digit growth. This is a fast-paced high growth organization that is looking for a talented professional that is looking to join a team of vibrant and talented professionals that are focused on one goal – to be the best property tax service provider in the nation.
The Tax Consultant will work with Managers and staff to efficiently and accurately process personal property tax returns and minimize our clients’ property tax liabilities through timely compliance and active management of our portfolio on both personal property and real property accounts. The position will work well in a Team environment with multiple projects and deadlines. The position requires a great deal of customer service experience in terms of both understanding and meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our clients.
To energetically perform assigned responsibilities and follow through on operational goals, while optimizing sales, profitability, and project performance. Support the development of the business while providing unrivaled property tax products, profoundly impacting our client’s success and enhancing opportunities for our employees.
- Effectively manages time and tasks. Effectively delegates to analysts and consultants and to efficiently complete assigned projects including property tax compliance work, personal property assessment appeals, audit and audit appeals and real property assessment appeals.
- Responsible for project quality and customer experience delivered by Advantax for assigned projects/clients, maintaining a thriving and growing relationship with Advantax clients.
- Assist Managers in identifying and follow through on opportunities for expanding business with current and new clients.
- Assist Managers in project completion in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required; Masters in Tax, JD, CMI or CPA a plus. 2-4 years of progressive experience within the property tax field
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to meet a broad range of compliance and assessment appeal deadlines for the client portfolio.
- Mastery of techniques, practices, theories and advanced knowledge of property tax
- Ability of problem solving including the capability to identify and appropriately evaluate alternatives
- Demonstrated track record of success and understanding in all aspects of the Property Tax Cycle
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with groups both internal and external to Advantax
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to make effective decisions and execute an appropriate course of action considering all relevant variables
- Ability to negotiate effectively by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion utilizing compromise, persuasion, rationale and diplomacy
- Self-manager with high drive and high initiative; learns from experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook. Preferred experience with PTMS, Salesforce.com and CoStar
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for questions/inquiries call (630) 587-9700.