Reports To: Manager, Property Tax
Employment Status: Salary Position + Commission + Profit Sharing
Travel Required: Infrequent travel may be required
Advantax has nearly tripled in size over the last 6 years. We are looking to add to our fun, flexible and fast-growing team (in Elgin, IL). The Senior Accountant is responsible for working with both Clients and Advantax Managers and staff to optimize our clients’ property tax administration processes and identify areas for our clients to reduce their overall tax liabilities. We are looking for bright ambitious team members with financial backgrounds that we can train to do this Senior position. The Senior Accountant will be charged with achieving timely compliance for their client portfolio and active management of valuations, primarily focusing on personal property.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 2-4 years of progressive experience within Accounting / Finance
- Experience within the property tax field a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to meet a broad range of compliance and assessment appeal deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with groups both internal and external to Advantax
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to make effective decisions and execute an appropriate course of action considering all relevant variables
- Ability to negotiate effectively by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion utilizing compromise, persuasion, rationale and diplomacy
- Self-manager with high drive and high initiative; learns from experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook. Preferred experience with PTMS, Salesforce.com and CoStar
- Effectively manages time and tasks.
- Effectively delegates to analysts, consultants, and Tax Payment Specialist to efficiently complete assigned projects including property tax compliance work, tax bill payment, personal property assessment appeals, audit & audit appeals and real property assessment appeals.
- Responsible for project quality and customer experience delivered by Advantax for assigned projects/clients, maintaining a thriving and growing relationship with Advantax clients.
- Assist Managers in identifying and following through on opportunities for expanding business with current and new clients.
- Assist Managers in project completion in a timely manner
- Fully utilizes the processes that define, measure, and provide feedback on business activities
- Salaried Position
- Commission Incentives
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health insurance (offer medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life), with multiple plans 100% paid by Advantax
- 401(k) program with company match
- 15 PTO days per calendar year
- 12 paid holidays per calendar year
- Gym reimbursement (up to $35/month)
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Charity matching (Advantax matches your donation to your favorite charity)
- Opportunity to work hybrid after successful completion of first busy season
- Summer hours Memorial Day to Labor Day (half-day Fridays)
Interested applicants should email resumes to email@example.com.
Advantax provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.