Property Tax Consultant
Location: Chicago Area, Elgin, IL
Number of Openings: 1
Position: Property Tax Consultant
Reports To: Manager, Property Tax
Employment Status: Salary Position + Commission + Profit Sharing
Travel Required: On Hold, Infrequent travel may be required
Advantax is looking to add to our fun, flexible and fast-growing team in Elgin, IL. The Property Tax Consultant is responsible for working with Tax Managers and staff to optimize our clients’ property tax administration processes and identify areas for our clients to reduce their overall tax liabilities. The Tax Consultant will be required to achieve timely compliance for their client portfolio and active management of valuations, primarily focusing on personal property.
- Effectively manages time and tasks. Effectively delegates to analysts, consultants and data administrators to efficiently complete assigned projects including property tax compliance work, tax bill payment, personal property assessment appeals, audit & audit appeals and real property assessment appeals.
- Responsible for project quality and customer experience delivered by Advantax for assigned projects/clients, maintaining a thriving and growing relationship with Advantax clients.
- Assist Managers in identifying and following through on opportunities for expanding business with current and new clients.
- Assist Managers in project completion in a timely manner
- Fully utilizes the processes that define, measure, and provide feedback on business activities
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required; 3-5 years of progressive experience within Accounting / Finance. Experience within the property tax field a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to meet a broad range of compliance and assessment appeal deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of the Property Tax Cycle
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with groups both internal and external to Advantax
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to make effective decisions and execute an appropriate course of action considering all relevant variables
- Ability to negotiate effectively by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion utilizing compromise, persuasion, rationale and diplomacy
- Self-manager with high drive and high initiative; learns from experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook. Preferred experience with PTMS, Salesforce.com and CoStar
- Salary Position
- Company Profit Sharing Plan (uncapped)
- Commission Incentives
- Monthly Gym Membership
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits 100% Company Paid
- 401(k) & Company Match
- Casual Work Environment
- Flexible/Hybrid with Work from Home
- Brand New Office January of 2021
- Summer Hours (1/2 Days Fridays) through Labor Day
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for questions/inquiries call (630) 587-9700.